Mammoth Lakes Library Homework Zone
Find all sorts of FREE virtual sources at your fingertips! Just click on the hyperlinked source below, enter your library card and viola...
Looking for extra help with your homework? Come to Mammoth Lakes Library's after school program Mammoth Megaminds on MUSD minimum days, 1:30 - 3:30.
Online Resources & Homework Help
Did you know that you have access to reliable, trustworthy databases through your public library -- all for free? Below you'll find a range of resources that will help you with all sorts of school tasks -- from simple homework assignments, to research papers or even just for your own curiosity.
Mono County Library Sponsored Resources
You can access these resources using your 14 digit library card number:
KOHA Library Catalog
- Our online catalog. Sign in to renew materials and place holds - requires you to set up a password with Library Staff in advance.
OVERDRIVE (Library to Go)
- Digital audio books & eBooks
Driver Education Program
- Includes 11 car practice tests, 6 motorcycle practice tests, 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests, 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL), and a FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
California State Library Digital Resources
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
Personalize and enjoy digital connections to books for kids and teens.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
Research Companion Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
Brainfuse offers an array of online support, including online tutoring & Hoework Help for students K-12 as well as the JobNow/VetNow services for adults. You can access these free services, provided by CA State Library, with your Mono County Library Card. Features include live online assistance, resume lab help, and wide range of academic tools to help students, job seekers and veterans reach their job & career goals.
Click here to access Brainfuse HelpNow - Online Tutoring.
Click here to access Brainfuse JobNow/VetNow (Library card required, contact your local library or use the contact form on this website for more information on getting a library card.)
Click here to get a Quick-Start and User Guide for JobNow/VetNow.
Click here to watch a brief youtube tutorial for JobNow/VetNow.
No library card number necessary!
Online Archive of California
- The OAC provides free public access to detailed descriptions of primary source collections (artwork, manuscripts, papers, historic photographs, and so on) maintained by more than 200 libraries, special collections, archives, historical societies, and museums throughout California — including collections maintained by the 10 University of California (UC) campuses. The OAC is a core component of the University of California California Digital Library (CDL) and is administered by the Digital Special Collections program.
California Digital Newspaper Collection
- The California Digital Newspaper Collection contains over 400,000 pages of significant historical California newspapers published from 1846-1922, including the first California newspaper, the Californian, and the first daily California newspaper, the Daily Alta California. It also contains issues of several current California newspapers that are part of a pilot project to preserve and provide access to contemporary papers.
- Calisphere is the University of California free public gateway to a world of primary sources. More than 200,000 digitized items — including photographs, documents, newspaper pages, political cartoons, works of art, diaries, transcribed oral histories, advertising, and other unique cultural artifacts — reveal the diverse history and culture of California and its role in national and world history.
Youth Program Manager
@monolibraries395, for teens and YA