Greg Lucas, California State Librarian, will be visiting Mono County on Thursday, July 21st. Please join us for a reception at the Mammoth Lakes Library at 10:30 AM to welcome him to the area.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM -- Exercise Your Mind. Read!
The Summer Reading Program has begun! Stop by your local library to sign up and participate in this year's "Read for the Win" Summer Reading Program. In conjunction with the California State Library, Mono County Libraries are participating in a state-wide survey of Summer Reading Programs. Please follow this Survey Monkey link to respond to a few questions (5 minutes) regarding your experiences. Paper copies are available at the Mammoth Lakes Library. Thanks!
Dates/times in Mammoth are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm - FLYER
Benton, Bridgeport and Coleville will also be participating in the Summer Reading Program. Check with the branch for details.
Mono County Libraries now have access to Zinio, the worlds largest newsstand, which offers full-color, digital magazines for immediate checkout and reading online. Browse our collection of popular new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods and no limits.
• Read instantly online — All current and backlist magazines are available for instant reading on desktop and mobile browsers.
• Mobile apps — Download and read magazines on 95% of mobile devices including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
• Current issues — New issues are released simultaneously with the print edition and many are available before the print edition.
• Backlist — As your collection grows, so does the digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
• Easy browsing and check out — Browse the collection of titles by newest issue, keyword search, genre and/or languages to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
• Manage your collection — Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser or download checked-out magazines through mobile apps.
• Never miss an issue — Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
No limit and permanent checkout — Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish
Come check out the MakerSpace at the Mammoth Branch Library! Learn how to use a 3-D Printer, use stencils to create a greeting card, make a bracelet or all kinds of other projects. A special workshop has been set up on the Second Floor, open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 2:00 to 5:00 pm.