Join a Book Club!
Expand your reading horizons this year by joining one of our book clubs. Book discussion groups are a great way to meet new people, hear different opinions, and explore new genres. Book clubs can be both intellectually and socially rewarding.
The Mono County Library offers several book clubs at branches throughout the county. Book club selections cover a wide range of topics, including both fiction and non-fiction. A librarian or volunteer facilitates the group, but discussion is freewheeling and member-driven. New members are always welcome!
For more information on current books and authors being discussed at our different branches contact your library.
- Science Book Club, 4th Monday of the month @ 5 pm, Upstairs conference room.
- Brown Bag Book Club, 4th Monday of the month at noon, Ellie Randol Room - June through September only.
- Online Book Club (on Facebook)
- Check with the branch for titles and schedule.
- Book Club, last Tuesday of the month @ 6 pm. Books provided.
- Book Club, third Wednesday of the month @ 3 pm. Contact branch for current book selection.
Online Book Clubs
Interested in sharing your thoughts about the books, but can't attend any of our discussion groups? Join an online book club! In an online bookclub, readers gather in cyberspace to share and discuss their favorite books with others who share the same interests.
Interesting article on why to join a digital book club at bustle.com
Check out the following sites: